Thursday, November 06, 2008

What I Saw at the Election

My family and I went down to Election Central on election night. we have some stories of our own to tell, which we will do later. but for now, I wanted to share a story from a friend of mine, who was also there:
(We) went down to Election Central on Tuesday night and things got a little "lively", especially with regard to Props 4 and 8. (My son and his friend) got in the thick of things. They stood proudly and loudly supported life and traditional marriage. At one point, it got a little too intense for this mother's heart, so I went over to my son and said, 'Hey, let's go. Let's find where dad is.' My son replied, 'Hey, it's ok mom. Remember, I play football.'

Later, (San Diego Auxiliary) Bishop Cordileone and (Diocesan Vocations Director) Fr. Saroki came into the hall and I felt peace and protection. Thank you to our Bishop and the priests who courageously led us during this campaign!

Around 10 p.m., a large number of teens and young adults came in holding signs that read, 'Keep our teens safe. No on Prop 4'. Keep teens safe? How so? I asked an older woman who appeared to be "in charge" of the group of teens, how does this keep teens safe. She replied, 'I don't have kids. I really don't know and I don't care'

No comments: