Friday, May 01, 2009

No time for pessimism on same-sex marriage

Rod Dreher

Now that several states have legalised same-sex marriage, is it time to throw in the towel? Maggie Gallagher says No.

I have written recently that while I am an opponent of same-sex marriage, I believe the other side will win this struggle, because the country has changed and is changing in ways that make their triumph inevitable. Maggie Gallagher, one of the most prominent advocates of traditional marriage in the country, wrote me recently to object to my position. I asked her if she'd agree to an interview on the subject. She agreed. Read below Gallagher's view on why all is not lost for traditional marriage campaigners -- and why they'd better not give an inch, or "the churches are going to get rolled." What do you think?

http://www.mercatornet.com/articles/view/no_time_for_pessimism_on_same_sex_marriage/

No comments: